Today I finished what could have been a one day job if I'd had enough materials. The fact that the first part of the concrete had set enough to walk on was good though, as it gave me somewhere to kneel and get access to level the rest of it.
All I had to do when it was all down was to remove the old tiles and fill the holes. Not essential but some of them were loose and I'd hate to here them moving when treading on the wooden floor above it.
I'm happy with the end result. All I need to do now is wait for it to go off completely (a week?) and I can start thinking about laying the wooden blocks.
You can see the wooden blocks in the above shot. Well, at least you can see the amount my dad and I reckon is needed for this room - about 450. My dad (retired), god bless him, has spent ages in his shed scraping away at them to get the muck off all sides. To start with he was removing all the old bitumen using a blow-torch, but we decided this was a little OTT and he stopped.
I've bought two tins of Synthaprufe this week for sticking them down, but I've just found something which looks like it might be better. Via this thread I found a new product, called F21 - "Traditional Bitumen Wood Block Adhesive". I'll give them a ring and see if it's any better than the stuff I've got already.